WHAT IS LPR ?
• LPR (laryngeal-pharyngeal reflux) is a specific type of GERD. The reflux reaches the back of the throat and there are sometimes respiratory issues or sinus issues with symptoms like year pain, stuffy nose, headaches/ allergy symptoms ( Rhinitis/Sinusitis/ cold symptoms) due to reflux of excessive mucus accumulating in the nose and dripping back to the throat : Post natal drip
Hidden Root cause may be :
GERD: Loose LES(Lower Esophageal spinchter)
LPR/ Silent Reflux Symptoms
• Sensation of mucus stuck in throat (lump in throat)
• Swallowing issues (dysphagia)
• Shortness of breath
• Sore throat
• Symptoms of sinus /rhinitis/asthma /breathing difficulty/bronchitis
• Post nasal drip
• Regurgitation of food
• Sleep apnea
• If you have ticked more than 80% there is a high probability you suffer from silent reflux or LPR symptoms.
• “Feel free to head to the link in my profile www.sonyahealthycuisine.com and book in 15 minutes 1.1 personalised free discovery session with no strings attached to heal your gut.”
Difference between GERD and LPR
• GERD stay in the esophagus or may even rise up into the back of the throat.
• GERD has a burning feeling in the chest known as Heartburn.
• GERD has Chest pain symptoms
• GERD has a bad taste in the mouth
• LPR has no heartburn but more mucus in the mouth and pronounced Sinus/Ear Pain /Headache /Respiratory issues (Asthma symptoms) and a post natal drip.
• Both have in common swallowing issues, lump in throat & a Loose LES
• It is possible for a person to have both LPR as well as GERD symptoms together.