IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) actually is not a diagnosis.
It means that you need to find the root cause of your symptoms of constipation (IBS-C) /diarrhea (IBS -D)or a mixture of both (IBS-M). PI- IBS is a post infections IBS starting after GI infections like traveler’s diarrhea or food poisoning.
Pain/discomfort is relieved by bowel movements.
Root Causes of IBS :
- Long term use of Acidreflux /GERD medication
- Low stomach Acid
- SIBO (Small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
- Candida overgrowth
- Past GI surgery/infections
- Food Intolerances
- Gut Dysbiosis
- ABDOMINAL PAIN ACCOMPANIED WITH DIARRHEA /CONSTIPATION OR A MIXTURE OF BOTH.
- SYMPTOMS INCLUDE CHANGES IN FREQUENCY ,COLOUR,CONSISTANCY OR APPEARANCE OF BOWEL MOVEMENTS,