- Hormone and antibiotics free chicken thighs (better for tikkas )-500 grams
- White korma masala -3 tablespoon
- Lite Greek yoghurt-2.5 tablespoon
- Tahini -1 tablespoon or Low fat cheddar cheese
- Lemon juice- half a lemon squeeze
- Cinnamon- half a teaspoon
- Nutmeg- half a teaspoon
- Chinese 5 spice – half a teaspoon
- Green cardamom- 5-6 pods crushed .
- . Cumin powder- half a teaspoon
- . Ginger garlic paste .
- (Optional – You can just add the packet masala and avoid any other spices to make it simpler or if you don’t have the packet masala just add the spices in its place for an authentic flavour )
Method:This is a hands on recipe , get ready to dirty your hands ..!! Marinate all the above ingredients in the chicken thighs as in the pic and mix well .
Add 2.5 tablespoon of of white korma masala or 2 tablespoon if you want it mild .
Add 1 tablespoon of Tahini as in the image above .
Add 2 tablespoon of lite Greek yoghurt
Add half a teaspoon of cumin
I have added one tablespoon of readymade ginger garlic paste as in the image above .
I next added 5-6 crushed green cardamom, this is a must as it brings out an aromatic and distinct flavour. Next squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add half a teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice .
Mix well to distribute the spices evenly with your hands . Next Marinate the chicken with the above spices for at least min 4-5 hours prior to grilling to bring out the aromatic flavour and let the spices get infused into the meat .
Dip bamboo skewers in water (so that they don’t catch fire in the oven )and gently arrange the marinated chicken in them and arrange side by side in an oven proof grilling pan as in the image below.
Next pre heat a fan forced oven at for 10 minutes at 180 degrees C and then grill turning midway for 25 minutes until succulent, you get a delicious aroma and the juices run through .
Serve hot with black olives , cucumber , fresh cilantro , hummus , tzatiki , lemon wedges and a yoghurt dip made of lemon juice, olive oil , freshly chopped cilantro, crackedpepper and sea salt and enjoyyy, bon appetite. Do make this and give me your feedback , cheers
Disclaimer: These recipes are for normal healthy people . If you suffer from any chronic disease like Gerd /Acidreflux/Candida /SIBO gastritis/ IBS/ Leakygut/ Autoimmunedisease, Thyroid issues etc etc this may or may not be applicable for your particular condition. Feel free to DM me for a free zoom session with no strings attached whatsoever to tailor make a diet for your specific condition. Also if you have any allergies to Nuts or certain ingredients please check before consuming, we are not responsible. All rights reserved .